Step 2: Make a Demand for Repayment


After waiting the appropriate time (15-20 days) from the date that you sent in your claim form to the Department of Transportation and/or School District, if you have not heard a response, it is time to move on to small claims court.

Before you file a claim in small claims court, you MUST send a demand letter to the Defendant in the case. Make sure you send this letter to the Department of Transportation in El Dorado County. Make sure you get a return receipt with a signature when you send in your claim form by mail. Save all of your documentation.


Click Here for the Demand Letter