Step 2: Send in a Claim Form to the Appropriate School District, Addressed to the Superintendent


According to the rules for filing a small claims court case against a government entity, you must go through that government entity’s process first. However, after making the appropriate inquiries, the school districts do not have an internal process for filing a claim against them. Therefore, after speaking to a small claims advisor, we suggest you send the form below to the appropriate school district, wait a reasonable amount of time (we suggest 10-15 days), and than move on to Step 3 (filing your claim in small claims court). Make sure you get a return receipt with a signature when you send in your claim form by mail. Save all of your documentation. 

*Do not forget to send separate protest and claims to El Dorado County Department of Transportation.

Click Here for the Claim Form